I am too lazy to update my website, so I will put my workshop for January 14 and 18 here!
Speaking Activities – Computer Resources
- http://www.michellehenry.fr/pronounce.htm --> spend time getting ideas for teaching and have fun practicing your own English.
- Go to http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/ and search for “Pron Pal”. Install the ‘app’ and play around with it.
- Go to http://americanenglish.state.gov/trace-effects. Play the Trace Effects game. How might your learners use this?
- ABC Teach (http://www.abcteach.com); Login:firstname.lastname@example.org; Password: cook90. Search for words such as word walls, bingo (sounds bingo), …. a topic you’ll teach in the near future
- Bogglesworldesl (http://bogglesworldesl.com) (CAREFUL!! No WWW!!)
- Look around everywhere (also in the adults section). Also use the site search to search for things like ‘pronunciation’ or a topic.
- Check out http://www.epals.com/ - what sorts of things make sense here?
- Go to http://www.onestopenglish.com. Search for “pronunciation” or “speaking”. What do you find?
- Go to http://www.esl-lounge.com/pronunciationindex.php - there are 3 pages of pronunciation activities – have fun!
- Go to http://www.manythings.org/pp/ and play some of the pronunciation games. Check out the other things on the site.
- Go through this guy’s great sites: http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2008/03/17/the-best-sites-to-practice-speaking-english/
- If you want more sites for ELT in Swiss schools, go here to Laura's site: Edacross.org.
- ELF Project in Swiss schools
- Used in class: http://www.englishcentral.com/home
- Cool new cell phone app for learners: Kaplan English train
- Study Blue flash card maker for cell phones
- Fun tip: http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
From Project Happiness